Printed Materials Format
For the on-screen display of information or slides, we find these general rules of thumb helpful for effective communication:
- Use a bold typeface.
- Choose a font such as Arial or Universal in 24 point or larger.
- For PowerPoint presentations, use 36 point or larger.
- Format the page horizontally (landscape) with 2 inch margins on all sides.
- Format topic headings as follows:
- Limit them to one or two per page.
- Place them in the same section of each page (top or middle third).
- Use the same print size and page format that is described above.
- Try to leave space in one corner of the page to allow for a circle wipe with the presenter's face.